APSA was formed to represent sales agents in all sections of the industry including sports, outdoor, leisure, angling and golf. The main objectives of APSA are as follows:
- To raise the professional competence and standing of sports agents, encouraging a high level of professional competence and conduct and adherence to a Code of Conduct
- To provide a strong voice and an industry forum for agents in dealing with other sections of the sports industry, with sports bodies, with Government and other authorities
- To provide information to members on new regulations and other official developments and to make necessary representations concerning them particularly with reference to agency law
- To create a Sports Agents Directory widely circulated amongst sports suppliers and act as a forum for brands to
- To organise and manage seminars and to arrange other training to enable members to run their business effectively
- To provide efficient services for members
APSA is run by an Executive Committee of 6 members which meet regularly to develop the work and services of the Association. Full Meetings are held once a year.